Terms & Conditions
This Key Influencer (aka Affiliate Program) Operating Agreement (this “Agreement”) is made by and between BMK Publishing LLC ("BMK" and/or “Blood Of The Kingdom” book series), and you, the party submitting an application to become a BMK affiliate (“Affiliate" or “You”). BMK and Affiliate are collectively referred to herein as the “Parties,” and each individually as a “Party.”
The terms and conditions contained in this Agreement apply to your participation in BMK’s affiliate program ("Affiliate Program"). Each Affiliate Program offer (an "Offer") may be for any offering by BMK or a third party (each such third party a "Client"). By submitting an application or participating in an Offer, you expressly consent to all the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
1. Enrollment in the Affiliate Program. You must submit an Affiliate Program application to BMK as directed. You must accurately complete the application to become a BMK affiliate (and provide us with future updates as requested), and not use any aliases or other means to mask your true identity or contact information. After review of your application, BMK will notify you of your acceptance or rejection to the Affiliate Program within a reasonable amount of time. BMK may accept or reject your application in our sole discretion for any reason.
2. Obligations of the Parties. Subject to BMK’s acceptance of You as an Affiliate and Your continued compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, You and BMK agree as follows:
BMK will make available to You any necessary codes and/or links (collectively, the "Discount Link") which You must display on digital media platforms (including, but not limited to any platforms requested by BMK) owned or controlled by you, or in emails sent by you and clearly identified as coming from you and in online advertisements, if applicable (collectively, "Media"). The Discount Links will serve to identify you as a member of the BMK Affiliate Program.
BMK will pay you at an amount determined by BMK for each Qualified Action (the "Commission"). A "Qualified Action" means an individual person who: (i) uses your unique, assigned Discount Link; (ii) is not a computer generated user, such as a robot, spider, computer script or other automated, artificial or fraudulent method to appear like an individual, real live person; (iii) is not using pre-populated fields; (iv) completes all of the steps required for the Offer within the time period allowed by BMK; (v) is not later determined by BMK to be fraudulent, incomplete, unqualified or a duplicate; and (vi) is successfully tracked and recorded by BMK.
Subject to Section 2.4 below, BMK will pay you any Commissions earned by You at the end of each BMK boook production season (“Season”), provided that: (i) you complete and return all requested forms and documents, including any requested W9/W8 forms; (ii) You follow all instructions and posting guidelines as provided by BMK; and (iii) your account balance is greater than $48.00. Accounts with a balance of less than $48.00 will roll over to the next Season, and will continue to roll over each Season until $48.00 is reached. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any cumulative Commissions totaling less than $48.00 will be paid out at the end of the Q4 Season. BMK reserves the right at its discretion to charge back to your account any previously paid Qualified Actions that are later determined to have not met the requirements to be a Qualified Action.
Payment for Commissions may be dependent upon Clients providing such funds to BMK, and therefore, you agree that BMK shall only be liable to you for Commissions to the extent that BMK has received such funds from the Clients. You hereby release BMK from any claim for Commissions if BMK has not received such funds from the Clients.
BMK shall automatically generate an invoice on Your behalf for all Commissions payable under this Agreement and shall remit payment to You based upon that invoice. All tracking of Discount Links and determinations of Qualified Actions and Commissions shall be made by BMK in its sole discretion. In the event that You dispute in good faith any portion of an invoice, You must submit that dispute to BMK in writing and in sufficient detail within thirty (30) days of the date on the invoice. If You do not dispute the invoice as set forth herein, then You agree that You irrevocably waive any claims arising from or based upon that invoice. In the event that You are also tracking Qualified Actions and You claim any discrepancies with Your invoice, You must provide BMK with Your reports and/or records and a written explanation of such reports and/or records within three (3) days after receipt of invoice for BMK’s review. If Your reports and/or records vary by more than 10% with BMK’s records and if BMK reasonably determines that You have used generally accepted industry methods to track Qualified Actions, then BMK and You agree to make a good faith effort to arrive at a reconciliation. If the Parties are unable to arrive at a reconciliation, then BMK’s numbers shall govern.
If You have an outstanding balance due to BMK under this Agreement or any other agreement between You and BMK, whether or not related to the Affiliate Program, You agree that BMK may offset any such amounts due to BMK from amounts payable to You under this Agreement.
You also agree to:
Have sole responsibility for the development, operation, and maintenance of, and all content on or linked to, your Media.
Ensure that all materials posted on your Media or otherwise used in connection with the Affiliate Program: (i) are not illegal, (ii) do not infringe upon the intellectual property or personal rights of any third party, and (iii) do not contain or link to any material which is harmful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, sexually explicit, harassing, promotes violence, promotes discrimination (whether based on sex, religion, race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, age, or sexual orientation), promotes illegal activities (such as gambling), contains profanity or otherwise contains materials that BMK informs You that it considers objectionable (collectively, "Objectionable Content").
Not make any representations, warranties or other statements concerning BMK or any Client or any of their respective products or services, except as expressly authorized herein.
Make sure that your Media does not create the impression that your Media is endorsed by BMK or Clients.
Comply with all (i) obligations, requirements, guidelines, and restrictions under this Agreement and (ii) laws, rules and regulations as they relate to your business, your Media or your use of the Discount Link.
Comply with the terms, conditions, guidelines and policies of any third-party services used by You in connection with the Affiliate Program, including but not limited to, email providers, social networking services and ad networks.
Always prominently post and make available to end-users any terms and conditions in connection with the Offer set forth by BMK or Client, or as required by applicable laws regarding such Offers.
Make sure to not place BMK ads on any online auction platform (i.e. eBay, Amazon, etc).
Confidentiality. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement or with the consent of BMK, you agree that all information, including, without limitation, the terms of this Agreement, business and financial information, customer and book lists, and pricing and sales information, concerning us or any of our affiliates provided by or on behalf of any of them shall remain strictly confidential and secret and shall not be utilized, directly or indirectly, by you for any purpose other than your participation in the Affiliate Program, except and solely to the extent that any such information is generally known or available to the public through a source other than you. Affiliate shall not use any information obtained from the Affiliate Program to develop, enhance or operate a service that competes with the Affiliate Program, or assist another party to do the same.
5. Limited License & Intellectual Property. BMK grants you a nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable right to use the Discount Link and any provided information solely in accordance with the terms of this Agreement, for the sole purpose of identifying your Media as a participant in the Affiliate Program. You may not alter, modify, manipulate or create derivative works of any BMK graphics, creative, copy or other materials owned by, or licensed to, BMK in any way. You are only entitled to use the Discount Link to the extent that you are a member in good standing of the Affiliate Program. We may revoke your license anytime, and for any reason, by giving you written notice. Except as expressly stated herein, nothing in this Agreement is intended to grant you any rights to any of BMK’s trademarks, service marks, copyrights, patents or trade secrets, or the intellectual property of any of its affiliated, owned and/or controlled brands. You agree that BMK may use any photo, video, suggestion, comment or recommendation you choose to post in connection with the Affiliate Program, and your name and likeness in connection therewith, without compensation, for any purpose, in perpetuity. All rights not expressly granted in this Agreement are reserved by BMK.
6. Termination. This Agreement shall commence on the date of our approval of your Affiliate Program application and shall continue thereafter until terminated as provided herein. You may terminate your participation in the Affiliate Program at any time by written notice. We may terminate your participation in one or more Offers or this Agreement at any time and for any reason which we deem appropriate with or without prior notice to you by disabling the Discount Link or providing you with a written notice. Upon termination of your participation in one or more Offers or this Agreement for any reason, you will immediately cease all use of all Discount Links, and will cease representing yourself as a BMK or Client affiliate for such one or more Offers. All rights to validly accrued payments, causes of action and any provisions, which by their terms are intended to survive termination, shall survive any termination.
7. Remedies. In addition to any other rights and remedies available to BMK under this Agreement, BMK reserves the right to delete any actions submitted through your Discount Link and withhold and freeze any unpaid Commissions or charge back paid Commissions to your account if (i) BMK determines that you have violated this Agreement, (ii) BMK receives any complaints about your participation in the Affiliate Program which BMK reasonably believes to violate this Agreement or (iii) any Qualified Action is later determined to have not met the requirements set forth in this Agreement or on the Affiliate Program. Such withholding or freezing of Commissions, or charge backs for paid Commissions, shall be without regard as to whether or not such Commissions were earned as a result of such breach. In the event of a material breach of this Agreement, BMK reserves the right to disclose your identity and contact information to appropriate law enforcement or regulatory authorities or any third party that has been directly damaged by your actions.
8. Anti-Spam Policy. You must strictly comply with the federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (the "Act"). Any emails sent in connection with the Affiliate Program must include the appropriate party's opt-out link. It is solely your obligation to ensure any emails sent by you comply with the Act. You agree not to rely upon BMKs approval of your email for compliance with the Act, or assert any claim that you are in compliance with the Act based upon BMK’s approval.
Fraud. You are expressly prohibited from using any persons, means, devices or arrangements to commit fraud, violate any applicable law, interfere with other affiliates or falsify information in connection with referrals through the Discount Link or the generation of Commissions. Such acts include, but are in no way limited to, using automated means to increase the number of clicks through any provide links, or completion of any required information, using spyware, using stealware, cookie-stuffing and other deceptive acts or click-fraud. BMK shall make all determinations about fraudulent activity in its sole discretion.
10. Representations and Warranties. You hereby represent and warrant that this Agreement constitutes your legal, valid, and binding obligation, enforceable against you in accordance with its terms and that you have the authority to enter into this Agreement. Subject to the other terms and conditions of this Agreement, BMK represents and warrants that it shall not knowingly violate any law, rule or regulation which is applicable to BMK’s own business operations or BMK’s proprietary products or services.
11. Modifications. In addition to any notice permitted to be given under this Agreement, we may modify any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time by providing you with a notification by email. The changes will become effective immediately after such notice. If the modifications are unacceptable to you, you may terminate this Agreement without penalty. Your continued participation in this Affiliate Program after a change notice has been posted will constitute your acceptance of such change. In addition, BMK may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of an Offer or remove, alter, or modify any tags, text, graphic or banner ad in connection with any Offer. Affiliate agrees to promptly implement any request from BMK to remove, alter or modify any Link, graphic or banner ad that is being used by Affiliate as part of the Affiliate Program.
12. Independent Investigation. You acknowledge that you have read this Agreement and agree to all its terms and conditions. You have independently evaluated the desirability of participating in the Affiliate Program and each Offer and are not relying on any representation, guarantee or statement other than as set forth in this Agreement or on the Affiliate Program.
13. Indemnification. Affiliate hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless BMK and Clients and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and licensors, directors, officers, employees, owners and agents against any and all claims, actions, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, judgments, settlements, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) based on (i) any failure or breach of this Agreement, including any representation, warranty, covenant, restriction or obligation made by Affiliate herein, (ii) any misuse by Affiliate, or by a party under the reasonable control of Affiliate or obtaining access through Affiliate, of the Discount Link, Offers or Client intellectual property, or (iii) any claim related to your Media, including but not limited to, the content contained on such Media (excluding any content provided by BMK.
14. Disclaimers. THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM AND DISCOUNT LINK, AND THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH, ARE PROVIDED TO AFFILIATE "AS IS". EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, BMK EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE. BMK DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM OR DISCOUNT LINK WILL MEET AFFILIATE'S SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM OR LINKS WILL BE COMPLETELY ERROR- FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED. BMK EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY ACT OR OMISSION OF A CLIENT OR THEIR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. BMK DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT AFFILIATE WILL EARN ANY SPECIFIC AMOUNT OF COMMISSIONS.
Now let's have some fun and get people excited about reading Blood Of The Kingdom, promoted and published by BMK Publishing LLC.